So, you’ve chosen a destination and have a time frame in mind, but you’re unsure of how you want to travel and see the sights. At Travelous, we know it’s a big decision choosing whether to travel with an escorted group or privately. It can make or break your travel experience - so we’re here to help! Here are the pros and cons of touring private versus group; and remember, your Travelous Life awaits!
You might be more interested in traveling with an escorted tour group if you…
- Are traveling alone and want ‘instant travel companions.
- Want to travel with new people who may happen to have similar interests as yours and are in the same age range as you.
- Appreciate set itineraries and timelines.
- Are interested in seeing the main highlights of a select destination. Guided tours are designed to meet the needs of the masses.
- Enjoy having your meals planned for you (pre fix style).
You’re better suited for traveling privately if you…
- Want to travel with individuals who you know and are comfortable with.
- Need flexibility – like having the ability to choose travel dates according to your schedule.
- Are interested in working with a knowledgeable tour architect to create a unique, custom itinerary based on your style and budget.
- Want to venture off the beaten path and sight see your way – no worrying about others.
- Enjoy eating at local restaurants and experiencing authentic cultural cuisines.
- Are interested in getting a more in depth and personal look into the locale.
- Don’t like time constraints; private tours give you the autonomy to decide when you start each day and how long you spend at any given location; dictating your own travel pace.
- Want to stay in the accommodations of your choice.
- Would like to travel in your own private vehicle as opposed to a coach bus.
- Prefer to travel with your own certified personal tour guide who knows the ins-and-outs of your chosen destination and can speak the native tongue.
At Travelous, we specialize in The Private Tour Experience so you can travel fabulous, affordably.
For more information, be sure to check out our website at www.travelous.com and sign up for our newsletter to receive updates on great promotions, insights on the hottest travel destinations and advice for traveling abroad.